Weekly Report from My Station

Well, had a great time on FT8 this past week. I learned to setup and work Fox and Hound and picked up three stations in Africa using it. Africa was coming in very good on 20 meters about 20-21 hrs UTC. So mid-afternoon here with very strong signals, like -3 decibels!

I spent all Sunday afternoon installing, setting up, and figuring out how to use JTAlert on WSJT-X. It’s a great add-on. But glad I started with just the main program and got well acquainted with it before stepping up to use the add-on.

Then I ran a Windows 10 update.

Everything worked fine until I shut the computer down at bed time. Had a sleepless night, and when I got up to play radio, WSJT wouldn’t transmit. Still working through that issue with the SignaLink. Last time I had to do a reinstall of windows to fix it :-(.

But I received eight new LOTW confirms:
Chad
Haiti
Norfolk Island
Ghana (been chasing it for months, but it was easy on Fox and Hound)
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Belarus
Luxembourg
and French Polynesia

Overall, this makes 90 LOTW confirms and three direct QSL cards received so far, so I only need seven more confirms for DXCC!

Fun, fun, fun!

The latest large Win 10 update gave me issue with my SignaLink as well. I found that the output volume of the USB Codec device in Windows was turned down. I raised it back up and that solved my issue. All working again.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Wayne. It solved the issue. It was set on 50%. Raised it back up to 100, and I’m in the ball game again!

1 Like

I have learned that using VOX with the SignaLink, that’s an important setting! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WSJTX@groups.io has had a discussion of this issue this week, and no one mentioned your fix, Wayne, and that’s the one that worked simply for me. Kudos, man!