Severe Weather Threat This Evening

https://www.weather.gov/tsa/

TORNADOES, DAMAGING WIND GUSTS UP TO 80 MPH WITH LARGE
HAIL POTENTIALLY GREATER THAN 2 INCHES IN DIAMETER WILL BE
POSSIBLE…

7-10pm for our area.

Make preparations. Unplug antennas. I’ll be lowering my dipole some to take the tension off the wire. Unplug everything inside. Have batteries charged.

Using TARC with WX5TUL now and getting very busy already!

1 Like

Excellent. I’m listing to the Benton County Emergency Net on the club repeater. I don’t have an outside antenna hooked up, but I do have a mag mount on top of my file cabinet and can hear everybody checking in so far.

You may also try Decatur, AR 442.850 - PL 123.0 or Fayetteville, AR 444.925 - PL 88.5 these are direct to Tulsa NWS

2 Likes

I have my weather station reporting online https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KARROGER4
updates every 120 seconds

1 Like

Cool weather station, Van. An inch of rain will help my grass grow. LOL

My weather station has been reporting the temperature too high as of late. I took it down, pole and all and opened it up. The sensor unit has a solar panel to run a fan that moves fresh air across the temperature sensor. If it did not have this, it would pick up the stored air being heated by the energy the case is receiving from the sun. The fan motor was dragging and sometimes not running at all. A few drops (flood) of oil into the top bearing of the motor made it happy again.After cleaning out the dead spiders and their mess, I reassembled it and installed it in place on my porch. It indicates 5 degrees higher than the WeatherChannel.com site says it might reach.
I have had the weather station about 2 years and this is the first time I had to open it up. A hailstorm destroyed the cups about a year ago so I had to replace those. I have to replace the batteries every year.Lithium batteries last much longer than alkaline and work better in lower temperatures
If are thinking about installing a weather station it is not a set it and forget it project. My knees complained a little but I told them be quiet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the headsup, Van. May have to let my dipole drape some if the winds look bad.

Our car is in the shop getting hail damage repair this week, so it is safe, hihi.

Very interested in putting up weather station later this year perhaps. What kind again do you have? Thanks for the review.

Acurite 5 in one professional. Some places have it for only 99.00! I paid about 130.00.

Acurite 5-in-1 weather station with Acurite access software

image001.jpg

Looks great! Thanks, Van.