Kb0ou introduction

Introduce yourself by answering these questions:

What is your name?John Callison
What is your license level?Extra
What is your favorite operating mode or activity?Playing with technology, Rag chewing…
Is there anything else we should know about you?

I started in Ham radio in 1974 at Charleston, SC with the call WB4MMX. Actually I have been around Ham radio all my life, my Mom and Dad were both Hams. I was riding submarines out of Charleston when I was first licensed, I had plenty of time to work on code and study when out on patrol!!! My wife Linda is WD0FTM.

We lived in Joplin, MO for over 20 years. We have now finished our home at Exeter, MO. We are enjoying life on the farm!!

I these radios; FT-991, 7800, 8800, VX-3, Anytone AT-D868UV.

A couple of amplifiers; Ameritron 500M, and TE Systems 1452G.

Come by and have a cup of coffee sometime, I show up on the Breakfast Club on 3973 at 06:00 or so almost daily.

John KB0OU

1 Like

Welcome to the BCRO community. John, I hope you find time to contribute some postings and join in the discussions. Great to have you with us…

Welcome to you, John. Look forward to you posting. I’ll have to check out the breakfast club sometime. Probably won’t be able to participate at that hour, but I can always listen. Thanks.

Just realized John is a Veteran of The Cold War Silent Service. I have read the books like Blind Man’s Bluff. What an extraordinary time in history to be a Submariner. Cheers to you John for being part of that. Wow plus Wow. If you want to study the most fascinating American Naval accomplishments and intrigue, seasoned with the utmost secrecy and science. Take some time to look into the Silent Service and America’s underwater Cold War extravaganza, it boggles the mind the stunts we pulled on our Russian adversary. It appears our new Forum participant may have been deeply involved ( pun intended )…

1 Like

Welcome aboard John! Glad to have you here!

Welcome to the party John! I’d be interested in that cup of coffee and conversation sometime :+1:

WOW
What a response!!
Thanks guys, maybe I can make a meeting someday…

KB0OU