Greetings from Sheila - BCRO Treasurer

Greetings!

I’m Sheila Katz-K0ETA

I’m a Technician Class amateur radio operator, as of April 2019, and I have so much, much more to learn.

As of January 2020, I became the Treasurer for the BCRO club. Thank you BCRO club for accepting me as your Treasurer. I’m sure that with everyone’s encouragement and support, no task will be too daunting for us to accomplish.

A huge thanks goes out to my best friend and husband (OM) Alan Katz – KE0QFO, for introducing me to this fine hobby of Amateur Radio. I’m now currently studying for my Generals license. And again, much thanks to my wonderful husband, as he has helped, in setting up my ham shack with the following radios.

My ham shack consist of the following:

• Icom 2730 Dual Band Transceiver
  • YAESU FT-65 Dual Band HT Transceiver
  • HEATHKIT Electronic Keyer - For practice

My goals for the year 2020 is:

• Become a better and more fluent ham radio operator
  • Obtain my Generals license
  • Help with the growth of Amateur Ham Radio
  • Possibly learn some CW?

I’m anticipating a great year ahead of us, and if you are not a member of the club as of yet, and would like to join us, please don’t hesitate. Fill out our membership application and present it at our monthly meetings. Or, if you can’t make it to our meetings and still would like to join us, please fill out our membership form, and mail the application and dues to:

Attn.: Treasurer
Benton County Operators Club
P.O. Box 471
Bentonville, AR. 72712

BCRO Club meetings are held at the following location, on the 2nd Tuesday each month (Unless otherwise specified, please check our website for any meeting schedule updates)

Rogers Public Library
711 S. Dixieland Rd.
Rogers, AR 72758.

Membership dues are:

• $17 Single membership
  • $20 Family membership

Please join us, as a team, have fun with the hobby and lets learn from each other! We are looking forward to meeting you and learning your suggestions and ideas, and any activities, you would like to see or participate in amateur radio. Or what club presentations would you like to see? Or maybe you’d like to be an Elmer, or would like to do a presentation at our club meeting? There are so many areas in this hobby to share, and learn from. Your participation, feedback and suggestions are important not only for our individual growth in amateur radio, but for the overall growth of Amateur Radio itself.

I’m looking forward to meeting you and talking with you on the net :smile:

Sheila Katz – K0ETA

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums Sheila! Hopefully we can make this a great place for the learning we are all eager to do :+1:

1 Like

Welcome Sheila! Glad to have you onboard!

1 Like

Great post introduction Sheila, You Are The Best… Please jump in and comment now and then as time permits. Thanks for being the Treasurer also. Were it not for you and Alan, I would not be even on the air today or active with BCRO. That’s a fact, not a compliment. The potential for Great Fun is right here with BCRO and I am looking forward to it as you are… Cheers my Sister & 73…

2 Likes

Thank you Shane our W5ZQI :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve been checking this site out, and honestly, I’ve been a bit slow with it lol, I’ve gotten a little lost here and there, trying to post & find things etc. I guess it would help if I would stop and read the directions (hahaha). Hey, I will get it sooner or later lol, I’ve just gotta spend some time with it, so far it’s been really cool and a great tool for us. Thankful for Greg & Jonathan for working these wonders for us. Also, Shane, thanks so much for the (fact) and not the compliment, you are too funny! And that’s what makes you so special. So, glad we are in the same club, you keep us on our toes! And you are really good working with people, with your gift of building people up and being so cheerful! I’m looking forward to talking with you on the radio! Cheers and 73 :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words Sheila, but I want to be clear that Jonathan was the brains behind this rebuild. He did an outstanding job on it IMO (in my opinion). All I did was offer some quality testing and made myself available to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks @K0JWG!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Welcome, and thanks for serving as Treasurer!

Scott/KI5DJP

1 Like