A Different Take on DXpeditions

I made a successful QSO with the HQ9X Team on Roatan Island, IOTA NA - 057, Honduras in ARRL DX Contest, 8 March 2020. I had emailed one of the team members with a QSL question.

According to the email reply, two team members left immediately to return to the states. Two others delayed and are currently stuck in Honduras. They are healthy (no virus cases on HR9), safe, and have food and supplies, but with the lockdown have been unable to leave. They are trying get on one of the repatriation flights home soon.

The team’s webpage is at: https://dxnews.com/hq9x/

I sent up a prayer on their behalf for continued health, safety, comfort, and a flight home at the proper time. I honestly had not even considered this type of risk to DXpedition teams. A lot has changed in two weeks time. Thank these teams for what they do and support them as you have opportunity.

73, Scott/KI5DJP

1 Like

Thankful to report the rest of the HQ9X team made it home safely this Saturday morning.

2 Likes

That’s great news! Hopefully none of them will have “brought anything home with them.”

1 Like

Great efforts to provide DX info and insight. Thank You Scott. I have not ventured to HF yet, but enjoy your every post. Don’t let low forum turnout discourage your posting, I myself enjoy the news and knowledge. 73

1 Like

Thanks, Shane for the comments and encouragement! Glad you enjoy the posts. I’ll have more :-).

1 Like